WARNING PPL!!!! THERE IS REALLY LOTS OF HIGH- TECH SCAMMERS IN MALAYSIA - This is a true story

Only recently, I have received a phone call asking if I can do a phone survey as they are from Hong Kong, just venture into Malaysia recently and would like to know more about the consumer's taste and buying pattern. I have answered several questions and at the end of the call, the operator gave me a set of "numbers". She invited me to attend the opening of their shop and said that the number is for "lucky draw" purposes.

I did not go for the event but i received a phone call that tells me my "number" was called out in the cash prizes event and have won a sum of monies. The next day, the "event organiser" called me up and said since i did not attend the event, they have held the prize for me and will "TT" the "monies" into my bank account. Apparently, I have won RM150k. WOW!!!

I didnt quite believe what i have heard and i refused to give them my bank account number. Instead I told them to write a cheque for me and wanted to know more about them. They gave excuses that they cant send me the cheque but they have opened a temporary account in one of the top 3 Hong Kong's Bank where they have placed the monies there and even gave me the account number/ password to verify with the bank that the account indeed is opened under my name. They told me to call a number in Hong Kong.

I did call "THE BANK" with the number they provided and true enough, the "automated voice machine" confirmed that I have HKD300k deposited in "THE BANK". I almost believed them!!!! They even have a website where they sell their products where people can buy online. I also called the HOTLINE in Hong Kong to check if they have branches in Malaysia and they as well confirmed that, YES they have and they do give out such large sum of cash prizes.

Luckily, I went one step further and call up the "REAL THE BANK" with a number i found online from the bank's website. My call was transferred to several people in the bank (the real bank) AND THEY CONFIRMED THAT THERE IS NO SUCH ACCOUNT NUMBER, NO SUCH SERVICE AS TEMPORARY ACCOUNTS, AND THE NUMBER OF "THE BANK" IS NOT REGISTERED AS ONE OF THEIR BRANCHES, THE OPERATOR TOLD ME THAT MANY MALAYSIANS, SINGAPOREANS called them as well asking to confirmed such transactions and she told me that the bank phone number I used previously to confirmed the "$$$" is a PERSONAL HANDPHONE NUMBER in Hong Kong.

BEWARE OF SUCH CALLS AND NEVER GIVE THEM YOUR IC NUMBER/BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER, they will TRANSFER OUT ALL YOUR MONEY INSTEAD OF PUTTING MONEY IN YOUR ACCOUNT!!!!!! THEY ARE VERY SHOPHISCATED AND HAVE COVERS LOTS OF LOOSE ENDS TO MAKE YOU BELIEVE IN THEM!!!!

Email forwarded by
Lok Siao Chze | Executive Senior | Assurance EUMI | PricewaterhouseCoopers
Malaysia |